- Just got this link from my Facebook buddy John Hoeven. It’s a very flattering Forbes.com article about how great North Dakota’s economy is and how he helped make it happen as governor. The comments page, though, seems to be filled with political ads. Example:
Gov. Hoeven is a proven leader [Isn't that what his ads said?]. In fact, he may be the next President of the United States. This country is looking for a hero, well here you go! He has the utmost of integrity and high morals and that is a lot to be said in this day and age of politicians.
- I ran into this Wikipedia entry the other day. The theory explains why incompetent people never realize they’re incompetent:
1. Incompetent individuals tend to overestimate their own level of skill.
2. Incompetent individuals fail to recognize genuine skill in others.
3. Incompetent individuals fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy.
4. If they can be trained to substantially improve their own skill level, these individuals can recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill.
Food for thought or I should say food for the thoughtful.